Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Can dogs be allowed to run freely? A: No, per Indiana State Law dogs must always be on a leash when outdoors.
- Q: Why are there no street lights? A: The neighborhood was designed to be lit at night by post lights and/or coach lights. Each home is equipped with automatic lights that come on when it is dark; it is important for all homeowners to make sure their lights are working properly.
- Q: What type of lights should we use in outdoor fixtures- they seem to burn out easily? A: A type that works well is a screw-in fluorescent bulb; these have a 10,000 hour rating, and since they do not have a filament, will not break due to vibration of the lamppost from the wind. Also, fluorescent bulbs do not run as hot and are not as susceptible to cracking of the glass from rain and snow intrustion. The power consumption of these is very low; ones in the 15-20 watt range are bright enough.
- Q: Where can we get replacement mail boxes? A: Replacement mailboxes are available from:
Otto's Streetscape Solutions
2449 E. Main St.
Greenwood, IN 46143
- Q: What color should I use to repaint my mailbox post so it's consisent with all the other ones in the neighborhood? A: Use "Manor Stone", color code 347-4, Valspar American Tradition Satin House and Trim (Lowe's).